Workplace Reentry Digital Toolkit
As quarantine measures begin to ease in many countries, companies know it’s vital to bring employees back into the workplace. Yet, there are significant challenges with how to safely return staff while following the phases and guidelines outlined by federal, state and local governments. Although timelines for these phases are in flux, organizations can put strategies in place now to transition employees back into the workplace.
These strategies should take into account:
- Risk frameworks, including calculations for re-entry to the workplace based on community threat levels and individual risk estimates
- Technology enablement to support symptom monitoring, contact tracing and identifying which employees can return to the office
- Workplace considerations, including how to configure offices, labs, and factories as well as when and how to open or close them
- Program governance to ensure adherence to protocols and transparent communication
KPMG and Appian offer a services and technology toolkit that includes these components so you can begin to get your employees back to their work locations in a phased and measured way. This risk-based approach, supported by modern technology, is one way to help iteratively and more safely reopen your workplace while continuing to manage the threat posed by COVID-19. The digital toolkit is built on Appian’s secure HIPAA-certified cloud platform, with privacy and security-first principles to protect data and preserve your employees’ privacy. It comes with key aspects that can be configured to your unique requirements, including:
- Daily check in. Encourages the employee to self- report symptoms, location, and current emotional state on a daily basis.
- Risk assessment. Leverages the KPMG risk-based framework to assess the users’ personal risk to contract and transmit, based solely on their decision to report. The risk score is a tool designed to enable the employee to make decisions about the situations and environments they enter.
- A work pass. A virtual document that communicates where, how, and when the user can enter an environment.
- Decision center. Employees can submit requests to access new locations. If the decision is not rules-based, it is efficiently routed to the correct person using the low-code workflow platform.
- Location monitoring. Employees can select relevant office locations, and the application will monitor for changes to risk score, open status, sanitation protocols and more.
- Notification center. Companies can push relevant notifications to employees regarding updates to locations, decisions, work passes and more.